Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It makes you go hmmm.

I have been a practicing pharmacist in DC for almost two years. I love helping my patients feel better with their medications. I want to believe that everyone is good and always has the best intentions. I also want to think the majority of patients' issues are with not paying attention to their medications and they truely believe that medications are only used when they need them. I know this is not always true; I have been working with drug abuse education and awareness for years now.

I have seen forged prescriptions before but one incident happened where the patient thought I as a pharmacist doing my job was out to get her. Yes, with the rise of people addicted to painkillers and other medications-I am on guard. But as a pharmacist notifying a physician about a patient overusing a medication and talking with a patient about their medication is in fact helping the patient realizing they may potientially have a problem, Painkiller abuse can destory your body. I am worried about your health. Medications are meant to help you feel better and not put you in greater danger.

Depending on the circumstances and counts in DC:
forged prescriptions have a maximum fine of $5,000 and/orimprisonment for up to 5 years

I do not want to see my patients go to jail or destroy their bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment